Thursday, November 18, 2010

What Bryan Caplan learned from the Crisis.

Bryan Caplan explains what he learned from the crisis.

He explains that the experince of the Great Moderation had persuaded him that the Fed had learned its lesson and was doing a tolerable job. Fundamental monetary reform was on his back burner. The Great Recession has caused him to lose confidence in the Fed.

Exactly.

In my view, we have learned that manipulating the federal funds rate to keep the inflation rate rising 2 percent from its current level, wherever that happens to be, leads to very bad recessions. But, the Fed doesn't seem to want to learn that lesson.

It is time for fundamental monetary reform.

1 comment:

  1. We need to be good at understanding these things; I love this blog for helping out people with these things. I mostly focus on trading and there I always trade through proper analysis and money management. I find it so much easier with broker like OctaFX, as they are very special by all measurements from having small spreads at 0.1 pips for all major pairs while there is also rebate program where I get 50% back on all trades that include losing trades too!

    ReplyDelete